Principal Data Developer
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Data Developer to work in a cross-functional data delivery team responsible for the design and build of a range of complex data integrations. As a Principal Data Developer in a cross-functional data delivery team responsible for the design and build of a range of complex data integrations.
Position: Principal Data Developer
Location: Newcastle, England (2 days onsite).
– Estimate, plan, design, develop and support Data Integration solutions to agreed standards, specifications, and timescales.
– Adopt an approach to delivery where the approach is to develop once and used many times.
– Automate transformation processes which efficiently extract, transform, and load data between different source and target systems.
– Support end-to-end data migration and project plans, taking responsibility for project deliverables.
– Support the business on our primary systems, Informatica Cloud from a software developer perspective and be familiar with other similar technologies.
– Construct information technology (IT) documentation based on identified needs of the project or program of work.
– Devise and document a general system design based on the client’s anticipated requirements working within the IT intake process and the predefined IT documentation framework.
– Design, test and deploy integrations optimised for performance and the required cadence.
– Contribute to the selection and recommendation of new tooling matching requirements and/or Data team strategy provided by technology to enable and improve the business for a given project or domain.
– Develop through self-learning and training deep/extensive expertise that sets a standard across Sage.
– Understand the importance of global technology relevance/trends and awareness of appropriate technologies that would suit our varying customer bases. Has the ability to influence Sage’s technology strategy.
– Experience of Informatica Cloud.
– Proven experience creating end-to-end Data Integration solutions.
– Experience developing complex Data Integration by identifying simple reusable, but effective solutions is required.
– Experience in a technical leadership role; guiding a multidisciplinary team.
– Proven commercial experience within a similar role.
– Commercial experience in SQL Database technologies.
– Experience working in a Data Management/Business Intelligence team.
– Experience working with Snowflake
– Familiarity with DI / ETL technologies